New Mac Convert - Intel Mac Core Duo!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Running Windows on Mac, SIMULTANEOUSLY ???!!!

I saw this on Wired today. Have a read here.

It talks about Parallel's and VMWare's "virtualization" efforts as well as the Wine project.

Unfortunately for me and my Mac Mini - "not all of the new Intel-Macs will handle virtualization equally. Parallels Workstation is expected to run better on the MacBook Pro and iMac than it will on the Mac mini, Rudolph said. That's because the two higher-end machines include chip-level hardware support, known as Intel virtualization technology, or VT, that improves performance to near-native levels".

I did not know that what I bought - umm - did not have VT. I did not know that there was such a thing as VT. But now I am disappointed I don't have it....

While we are on Wired, here's another story - "Intel Macs: Doublethink Different".

And another one by Robert Cringely on Apple selling OSX to PC users.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home