New Mac Convert - Intel Mac Core Duo!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

MacMini is Back!

I just got the MacMini back today from Apple@Funan. As I mentioned in my last post, I had problems with the 5-minute boot up time. The Funan store sent it to Apple at Toa Payoh to have them service it.

I was bugging them since last Friday about it, and I got the story yesterday. Apple could not figure out what was wrong so they decided to change the logic board. This seems to be the remedy for Apple: if you dont know what's wrong, change the logic board. So they ordered the part only to realise that it was defective when they tried to install it. Then they had to order another one. It took about 10 days overall.

I tried it at the shop, and there were not problems with the boot up time. I also got into WinXP with no delays or problems. I brought it home and plugged it in.... and waited... and waited... and waited... for it to boot up. ARGHHHH!!!!!

So I fumbled around with it for a bit. Then I figured it out. The MacMini did not like one of the USB things I had plugged in (wireless keyboard, mouse, printer, and USB Hub). Well it turned out that it was the USB Hub and/or the memory card reader attached to the hub. Once I unplugged the USB Hub, it was fine!

Another lesson learned.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home