New Mac Convert - Intel Mac Core Duo!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Boot Camp - Day 2

I did not have too much time on the system today. It still takes minutes to boot up and I still have to hold down the "option" key until they choice of Windows/Mac comes up, since I choose Mac as default.

I installed an old copy of Microsoft Money 2001 on it because I have not been updating my finances since my Windows CPU broke down 2 months ago! It seems to install fine, but I can't find my old Money file... Sigh.....

Next I installed BitTorrent. Then I remembered that I did not like the BitTorrent interface and then had to install BitLord. I wanted to download a couple of episode of Smallville Season 5 which seems to be very hard to find or at least ones that are properly seeded. (These are Episodes 2, 6, and 9). So BitLord installed fine and I went to search for my Smallville Torrents and started downloading.

Then, while on Windows, I popped in a DVD with a bunch of Smallville Xvid formatted episodes and Windows shared the Mac Superdrive onto my Windows network. Why? So that I can watch the episodes from my Plasma TV through my modded Xbox (which is connected to my network of course). That worked fine. Another tick in the box.

I left the machine running to download over night....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home