New Mac Convert - Intel Mac Core Duo!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tip of the Day for BootCampers

I know.. I know.. How can I call this "Tip of the Day" when it is the only tip I have ever put down. Whatever.

Because of the long bootup problems on the Mac Mini, my wife has given up MacOSX and insists on using BootCamped WinXP. So now she want access to all the pictures and stuff that I had loaded up into the Mac partition. Which is kinda troublesome since I can't see the Mac partition from Windows, but I can see the Windows partition from Mac. So I decided to move the pictures to the Windows partition so that both sides can access. However, after moving 3GB worth of content over to Windows partition, I only had about 500MB of memory left in the Windows side. Naturally I went to try to expand my Windows partition as I still had over 30GB left in the Mac partition. NO CAN DO. There is no way to expand the Windows partition once you have set it up in BootCamp at the beginning. I have searched online and have come back empty handed. The only way is to wipe out the Windows installation^ and do it over again (with a larger allocation). So.....

TIP: When you BootCamp your Mac, do not be stingy and give it ... say ... 10GB. It ain't enough. Give it at least 15GB.

^ I am still debating this as I am concerned whether my Windows license will still be valid after I reinstall the new Windows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home