New Mac Convert - Intel Mac Core Duo!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Belkin Wifi Skype Phone is here in Singapore!!!

I was walking around Sim Lim Square today looking at IP cameras and routers. I wound up at Media Pro on the 5th Floor. I was negotiating with him on a camera and ASUS router when I asked him about SMC Wifi Skype Phone. The guy says that he has something better... The Belkin Wifi Skype Phone just came to his shop today.
See the official site here.

Anyhow, it is on promotion for SGD 289 and you get a free Belkin Wireless Router. Say no more.. I got one. I had it configured for my office network and my home network today. I had a minor problem and called Belkin Tech Support. The techie was speechless as he barely knew that it was in the market today. But the usual techie solution worked - "turn it off and on again."

The phone is great. Feels good and work and sounds just like Skype on a computer (ringtones, etc.). It really breathes life back into Skype for me. Way cool....

PS one major drawback.... "The Skype WiFi phone does not contain a web browser and therefore cannot access hotspots, which require web-based login or authentication." So Starhub wireless Coffee Bean addicts are 'sh*t out of luck'. Is Singnet Outdoor Wireless the same? Will try and update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home